Friday, September 28, 2012

a little bit of chocolate.

Chai tea. An oversized chair. And a little bit of chocolate.

So, why do I blog?  I am often presented with the question... if you didn't go in to medicine, what would you do? Well, I've never really thought of doing anything else except medicine (because I feel my fabric is suited only for medicine), but, for the sake of entertaining the thought, I never hesitate, and the answer comes, "A travel Writer." I would write, and I would travel. : )

Nifty enough for me, I am thankful to be travelling currently for work and school. I do feel I can write here ...on a blog for now... and maybe one day, could write something publishable.

I think it would be great to write a book-- of course. A little more life to live, and a little more decision on what I would write about. But nonetheless, between my studies and work...I will continue to find myself reading and writing.

I heard someone say recently: look at what you do in your free time, and that will tell you quite a bit about what your 'other' passions are. Well, aside from people (  : )  ), and aside from spending time with them, I truly enjoy reading and writing. While in the field of medicine then, I hope to find my niche.

Currently, sitting in a Starbucks, sipping a chai tea and eating a bit of chocolate. I've had a great week on the Neurology service and am continuing to learn a tremendous lot -- many interesting patients and good-for-life medicine pearls from my Attending. Pearls like:    'if you're not looking for it, you won't see it.'   'if you're not aware of the diagnosis, you will never make it.'   'neurology is more often than not: treating the un-diagnosable, and diagnosing the untreatable.'

I guess, with all this travelling and changes of scenery, I feel that blogging gives me a record of my happenings. I do have an ultimate Witness to my life.  But here, I can invite others to witness it too.

Thanks for reading! if you made it to the end. Cheers to callings, and to 'other' passions.



2 comments:

  1. Nina! Now you have made me want Starbucks. And Nina time. :) I am right there with you on writing. I started my blog mostly because I missed writing so much. Gotta put my English major to use. :) Good to hear you're learning and enjoying. much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you Savannah! That's great to hear you're blogging--- I need to find yours and follow.
    I agree about writing- seems so therapeutic sometimes.
    Wish we could share a starbucks some time and catch up on each other's lives. We'll have to make plans when I get back home. I'm enjoying where God has me on all these travels but I will be soo ready to enjoy home when this season is over. Much love too.

    ReplyDelete