Thursday, September 27, 2012

In the history of this blog

In the history of this blog, I haven't ever really written about myself. Or who I am. Or who I want to be. Or what I do. Maybe here and there, I have written a story, or I've recounted a small occasion. But, I want to write more steadily now. Not exactly sure why now versus before, or why not later. Well, I'm just thinking...why now? ...well, why not now?

So, here begins a new era. I'll try to write more often. Maybe every day if I can. But for now, today's a good start.

I'm a fourth year medical student at this point in time and I will graduate this coming May. Just 8 months away I often wonder where the time has gone?? : ) I have thoroughly been enjoying my medical school career. Just as they say, 'the days are long, but the weeks are short.'

Currently, I am residing in Portsmouth VA. aka that is right near Norfolk and roughly one half hour's drive to Virginia beach. I am staying here for one more week, to include the weekend, with a mother and her daughter, until I leave for Washington DC. I am on my way to finishing this residency selection season. Hopefully, by December of this year I will have my official selection and assignment to where I will spend the next 3 years. I want to do my residency in Internal Medicine. And, I am thinking about Cardiology for the more distant future. Right now, things are going smoothly...as much as I can see...and I am very blessed. Taken care of. And excited about the future. There is much to be thankful for and even on days when I could easily ponder all the reasons why I could worry for my exact future...I throw my head back in more trust and confidence about my future's direction while knowing that as my father always said growing up, "these are good problems to have." ; )

Glad to be writing again. Will continue here soon.

3 comments:

  1. boy do I love you and I'm so glad to 'see you' on here. <3 So proud of who you are and what God is doing in your life. Much love my dear. Much love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to 'hear' about you and your adventure. I am excited for more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you so dearly, Mel and Derek. And thrilled you are reading! Yikes, I guess I have an audience : ) More to come. xoxo

    ReplyDelete